Monday, July 1, 2013

[Politics] I'm a Canadian Patriot and I do not apologize for it!


I love Canada. I'm a proud Canadian. I feel sorry for those who can't take one day off from their negativity, their griping, their closed little box worlds and appreciate the wonders that they have within our borders.

I won't try and claim Canada is perfect, that's laughable! Its a creation of humans for humans; it can't be perfect! You can't get an apartment building of fifty-six people to agree on everything, to get thirty-five million to agree on anything would take a deity granted miracle.

But, for one day, just one day .. it shouldn't be too much to ask for people to look at our great nation and appreciate the good. We should be able to appreciate our accomplishments, our home, our freedom. We should be able to put the bad aside for just twenty-four hours and say "This is my home and I'm proud of it." It shouldn't be that hard. It shouldn't be that hard to be proud of who we are and where we are. Not all of us were born here, but all of us choose to remain here. This is our happy place.

I feel safe making that statement because if one wasn't happy being a Canadian, wasn't happy living in Canada, then one would leave. I encourage this. I don't mean it in a 'love thy country or get out!' kind of way, I mean you should live where you can be happiest. If there's truly nowhere on this wild, wonderful, varied planet where you can be happy, nowhere that you can appreciate even if only for twenty-four hours, then maybe it's time to review yourself and your priorities.

Our world, our nation, our leaders, our citizens; none of them are perfect. Canada, however, is pretty damn awesome and I'm a very proud Canadian.

No comments:

Post a Comment